Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Few Hours at Epcot

Ian and I have determined that besides the ability to visit the "Happiest Place on Earth" whenever we feels like it, the best part about owning a Disney Annual Pass is the freedom to stay for only a few hours -- no all-day commitment needed. Phew!

And whether all day, or an hour, the Disney World parks are a super sweet date. Score! :)

On this ridiculously hot Sunday afternoon with the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival in full bloom we spent a few hours -- as much as my melanin-deficient skin could handle, strolling the park. How romantic.


One of my favorite things about the Festival is the Disney characters fashioned out of flora, scattered around Epcot. Sometimes finding them is adventure in itself! Goofy was ginormous, and the perfect, smiling face to welcome us to the park -- I've always had tender spot in my heart for that pup.


Those incredibly creative people at Disney never cease to amaze me with what they come up with, and I certainly wouldn't fight if they wanted to make me one of their own. I'm just saying my childhood dream was to be an Disney animator, but I'll settle for Imagineer. Hint, hint.

Pumba, Timon is behind me, stankin' up the land in front of Innoventions.


The butterfly garden was Ian's favorite part of the whole day - from this picture it's easy to see why... ;) Fairy, wut!?

Ian'll have my head for that comment. No, he does not love fairies. Ha ha.

After I teased him about Tinker Bell being his favorite pretend person, Ian showed me up with his mad photography skeels by capturing this butterfly close up -- a feat I was unable to accomplish. Good job, Papi.

And a fairy garden is only complete with fairies, and I heart fairies!!

In Epcot's Word Showcase, it's super-great to travel around the world without the hassle of customs or costly airfare. The food in these countries is fantabulous too -- makes me salivate just dreaming of it. But since we'd decided not to spend any cash during this visit, instead of eating Ian decided to try on a few new looks in Mexico. Sassy MexiRican anyone?

In China, we were astounded by the terra-cotta warriors in Xi'an, and then got silly waiting for the short film to take us across the country in CircleVision 360. We sure know how to productively kill time.

Then we met a sea monster, made out of plants, hanging out in the reflecting pond.


Though we narrowly escaped our encounter with this creature, the adventure to the other side of the world left us exhausted and sun-kissed, so we called it a successful few hours and headed home to nurse our imaginary wounds.

On our way out Ian determined he'd like all of our friends to experience the Disney fun like we do, and needed his picture taken to show it. Either that, or he's telling us that we need to go see Oceans, which was only in theaters on Earth Day (April 22nd)...so we've missed it. Sorry, darling.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails